Monday, November 1, 2010

Stayed up most of the night reading this one.

Flowers from the StormFlowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well, this was just delightful.  I promised myself a romance after I finished Anathem and this was it.  A typical historical romance between the rake and the prig, but with many original twists and turns.  I can't say too much or it will spoil it.  The writing is very good, the plot tight, and there was some pretty funny snarky humor.  The romance is great.  Loved the characters, the side characters, the setting.

Oh and it's a page turner.  Or else it's just my compulsive behavior at work, but I had to read to the end and stayed up most of the night to do it.  :D

Lovely, just lovely.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment