Friday, September 17, 2010

Nellie is my new best friend at the Tax Collector's office

After a long saga of trying to get the address where I live straightened out with the DMV, I paid my taxes, had several phone calls with Nellie, and she allowed me to fax her my canceled check and she mailed me the release so I can renew my registration for my poor old car. She even called to check which address to send it to! Bless you, Nellie!

I finished this book tonight:

Killbox (Sirantha Jax, #4)Killbox by Ann Aguirre

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It's really 3.75 stars, I guess. I felt a little cheated all the way through the book. I was halfway through before I got into it completely. Even then, it wasn't an 'I can't put it down' book. I definitely felt cheated at the end. I think it was a cheap shot, leaving it like that. The big battle with the dreadnaught was off stage. A lot of it was off stage. We spent a lot of time in Sirantha's head. She was a little repetitive. I got tired of the constant reminders that March had to be separate from her because of their positions in the war. I got it, already.

Don't get me wrong. It was good, still. I'm picking at the flaws. The plot twists at the end were spectacular. The Morguts are a worthy and creepy enemy. Vel continues a fascinating character and his bond with Sirantha is a boon to the story. Read and enjoy.



View all my reviews


Now I have to slog the rest of the way through Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings, which is definitely a mixed blessing. A long mixed blessing, at more than 1000 pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment