Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First book in Foreigner series

Foreigner (Foreigner, #1)Foreigner by C.J. Cherryh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well. The star system is very frustrating. I can't decide if my frustration at trying to understand the atevi species that humans deal with in this book is a function of my fuzzy thinking or a function of C.J. Cherryh's brilliance in making me feel like the hero, Bren, felt through much of the book. Therefore it's hard to figure out how many stars to give it. At any rate, the tension that built throughout the book as Bren struggled to figure out what was happening to the world where he served as paidhi or interpreter, came gradually to a climax. Damned if she doesn't have me hooked, so that now I have to find out what happens in the next book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment