Monday, May 23, 2011

So then, as promised, I read

Forty Thousand in Gehenna (Unionside, #1)Forty Thousand in Gehenna by C.J. Cherryh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Excellent, almost mystical story of humanity's assimilation into the fabric of an alien planet.  I'd like to have me a Caliban, for sure.



View all my reviews
 

Now I'm going back and forth between The Silent Tower, by Barbara Hambly; Dissolution by C.S. Sansom; The Chanur Saga by Cherryh; and Regenesis, the sequel to Cyteen which just got here today!  Also listening to a Lindsey Davis Marcus Didius Falco that is hilarious and well researched historical mystery taking place in ancient Rome, city of savages.

I also listened to I, Claudius, which I read a hundred years ago and thought was fabulous.  It's still good; just not as awesome as first time through.

I've done a bit of reading! 

Got my eyes examined and need new glasses - hardly a surprise - and have decided it's never going to stop raining in Connecticut!  ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment