Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely quotes from Checkmate

I just finished listening to it again and am moved to write down these quotes:


"I shall send gems of lapis lazuli: I shall make her fields into vineyards, and the fruit of her love into orchards.  Philippa."


"When her loose gown from her shoulders did fall
and she me caught in her arms, long and small,
Therewith all sweetly did me kiss
And softly said, 'Dear heart'..."


And then Jerott: "My beloved is unto me as a cluster of campfires in the vineyards of Engedi."  My beloved is dead.


And Lymond, at last, to Philippa, "Qedeshet, Mistress of all the Gods, Eye of Ra, who has none like her....Come and let us beget all kinds of living things."


And then, "I have begun to eat," said Francis Crawford.  "And I have begun to slake my thirst.  But in you I have found a banquet under the heavens that will serve me forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment