Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm rereading Traitor's Knot and Queen's Play

Since I can't get up any enthusiasm about reading other authors, I'm doing rereads.  I also listened to The Mote in God's Eye.  Here's my review:

The Mote in God's EyeThe Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 stars



I listened to this book, and although the narrator barked it out like a sports announcer, it was engaging, suspenseful, and quite funny at times.  The narrator was not a distraction once I got used to his style.

The human space explorers seemed incredibly naive and stupid at times in their trust of an alien species, to whom they gave human attributes without questioning their own assumptions.  This was a little distracting from the suspense, as I knew something bad was coming.

The best part was the first half of the book when they visited the alien planet and became acquainted with the aliens.  The second half was less interesting when they returned to their home system and brought an alien ambassador with them.  The ending seemed a little contrived and anticlimactic.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment