Saturday, September 12, 2009

Early September

The view in New Hampshire is pristine. My granddaughter's ninth birthday was lovely, although the four hour drive there and back was a drag.

It's a lazy Saturday for me. Catching up on internet reading and the news. September 11 passed with barely a thought from me. I'm glad I didn't watch the rerun on MSNBC. It is PTSD inducing, that's for sure.

I've been listening to (gasp) Nora Roberts J. D. Robb series, a fun fantasy series of slightly futuristic detective stories. No redeeming qualities whatsoever other than pure escape. Kind of nice for a change. Just hope my mind doesn't turn to veggie mush as a result.

I've been so fired up about the health care situation, the anti-Obama wing nut lunatic fringe, the pitiful state of the U.S. Congress that it's kind of nice to just let it all go.... and read the witty Jason Linkins on The Huffington Post.

Watched a couple of Moonlight videos this morning and they bring back that old heart aching sadness and longing. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment